LENS WG on neutron technology development works toward priority actions at PSI
3 OCT 2019
VILLIGEN—On October 1-2 the Laboratory of Neutron and Muon Instrumentation (LIN) at the Paul Scherrer Insitut (PSI) hosted the first meeting of the working group on Synergies in Technology Development and Operation of the League of advanced European Neutron Sources (LENS).
The meeting brought together nearly 50 engineers and scientists from the nine LENS member facilities with the purpose of establishing a roadmap for new developments in neutron technology. Fostering development in such areas as detectors, moderators and sample environments will be critical to the advancement of neutron science in Europe and its continuing role in enabling the international scientific community to meet society’s most daunting global challenges.
Recent News & Events
- Please join LENS for our February 11th LENS Colloquium: How neutrons contribute to mission-based research. The event will feature neutron scientists, LENS facility directors and EC decision-makers in an intimate forum intended to facilitate the exchange of up-to-date knowledge and activities.
- With close of research reactors, landscape is shifting for Europe’s world-leading neutron science communityThree neutron science research reactors in Europe have ceased operations in 2019. The League of advanced European Neutron Sources, LENS, and the European Neutron Scattering Association, ENSA, warn of a “neutron gap” that could impact scientific research across multiple fields in physics, materials science, chemistry, biology, medical science and engineering.
- The League of advanced European Neutron Sources (LENS) held its General Assembly at Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL) yesterday, preceded on Tuesday by meetings of its five working groups and the LENS Executive Board.
- LENS was represented today at the EC’s Research & Innovation Days in Brussels by Chair Helmut Schober, who handed over the organisation's Horizon Europe position paper.
- Executive Board & General Assembly to meet in Grenoble 22-23 …