Cancelled: LENS General Assembly May 4-5
13 MAR 2020
The meetings of LENS working groups, Executive Board and General Assembly planned for 4-5 May 2020 are cancelled due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
LENS will institute measures to make the necessary decisions of the General Assembly by written procedure.
Recent News & Events
- As with HIV before it, Europe’s advanced neutron sources will make an essential contribution to the fight against the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
- LENS Colloquium marks a turning point in the terms of engagement between European scientists and policy makersLENS held a science and policy colloquium on February 11 highlighting how neutrons contribute to mission-based research. The meeting was held in Brussels and brought together members of Europe’s neutron science community, several European Commission representatives, and representatives from LEAPS.
- University executives from across Canada met with Canada's Chief Science Advisor Mona Nemer and other neutron science stakeholders—including from LENS, ESS and ILL—in Ottawa on 29 January to discuss how to establish a new, pan-Canadian, university-led organisation for materials research with neutron beams.
- Please join LENS for our February 11th LENS Colloquium: How neutrons contribute to mission-based research. The event will feature neutron scientists, LENS facility directors and EC decision-makers in an intimate forum intended to facilitate the exchange of up-to-date knowledge and activities.
- With close of research reactors, landscape is shifting for Europe’s world-leading neutron science communityThree neutron science research reactors in Europe have ceased operations in 2019. The League of advanced European Neutron Sources, LENS, and the European Neutron Scattering Association, ENSA, warn of a “neutron gap” that could impact scientific research across multiple fields in physics, materials science, chemistry, biology, medical science and engineering.