Joint meeting General Assembly and Executive Board
Tuesday, 9 June 2020, 13:30-17:30
The next meeting of the LENS General Assembly and Executive Board will be held by videoconference on the afternoon of Tuesday, 9 June.
The first opportunity for an in-person meeting including the GA, EB and all working groups is foreseen as November 2020. A three-day meeting is being planned for week 47, in the UK.
Recent News & Events
- Join LENS for this live interactive webinar, where ISIS's Gøran Nilsen will introduce some concepts behind polarized time-of-flight spectroscopy, using its recent implementation on the LET spectrometer at ISIS as an example.
- Joint Position Paper on Horizon Europe Missions issued by Europe’s Analytical Research InfrastructuresThe ARIE Joint Position Paper highlighting how a common, complementary approach by Europe's analytical RIs will help address the societal challenges of the Horizon Europe Missions framework programme was presented today.
- The two large European networks, together representing 28 large-scale analytical research facilities—including Europe’s premier synchrotrons, neutron sources and free-electron lasers—will begin a formal cooperation to advance their common strategic, scientific and technical goals.
- "Neutrons for Magnetic Nanostructures on Surfaces: Beyond the Specular Intensity Wars" PSI instrument scientist Artur Glavic will present a talk highlighting Polarized Neutron Reflectometry and the instrumentation that enables this technique.
- The Budapest Neutron Centre (BNC) has organised a new webinar series on the history, science, development and new trends in the field of Li-ion batteries, including the important contributions from neutron scattering techniques all over the world. It starts June 10.